Rules and Regulations for the Tillyard Management IPad Contest
- AGREEMENT. These rules govern the “Tillyard Management Inc. iPad Contest” (the “Contest”). No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. The act of entering the Contest constitutes acceptance of these Contest rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which decisions shall be final and binding upon all entrants.
- SPONSOR. The Contest sponsor is Tillyard.ca, a property of Tillyard Management Group (the “Sponsor”). The prize is supplied by Tillyard.ca.
- ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, excluding residents of Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence. Notwithstanding the above, the Contest is not open to employees, immediate family members (i.e. spouses or biological, step or adoptive parents, children or siblings) or anyone domiciled with any employee of the Sponsor or prize supplier or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies or fulfillment houses.
- CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest is open from 12:00 am January 1, 2016 to 11:59 pm February 14, 2015, after which time no further entries will be accepted.
- CONTEST ENTRY. No purchase necessary. Individuals can enter the contest in four ways:
a) TWITTER. Follow us on Twitter.
b) FACEBOOK. Like our Contest post to win.
c) LINKEDIN. Follow us on LinkedIn.
d) INSTAGRAM. Follow us on Instagram.
Contest entrants ARE ALLOWED to enter in all four ways and thus increase their chance of winning the Contest; however, they are NOT ALLOWED to create multiple profiles and enter via the same social media outlet more than once. Any entrant who is deemed to have entered under multiple aliases will be disqualified.
- PRIZE. One (1) prizes consisting of an Apple iPad Air 16 GB Wi-Fi (the “Prize”) is available to be won. Approximate retail value of the Prize is CAD $500.00 (incl. tax). The Prize must be accepted as presented and may not be transferred, assigned or substituted. There is no cash alternative.
- WINNER SELECTION. The winner will be selected from all eligible entries by way of random draw to be held in Toronto, Ontario on or about February 15, 2016. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the contest period. The selected entrant will be notified by the publication of his or her name/username across all four social media outlets no later than February 21 and must respond by telephone or e-mail within five (5) business days of the announcement. Failure to respond within the notification period will result in disqualification whereupon another entrant will be selected by way of random draw. Prior to being declared the winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing question to be administered by telephone and sign and return a standard Release (described below).
- RELEASE. The winner will be required to execute a legal agreement (“Release”) confirming (i) compliance with these Contest Rules, (ii) acceptance of the Prize as awarded, (iii) release of Tillyard Management Inc. and its affiliated entities and their respective officers, directors, partners, principals and employees from any and all liability, loss, damages or cost related to participation in the Contest or the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize including but not limited to costs or losses related to injuries, death, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom, and (iv) the unrestricted right of Tillyard Management Inc. to produce, reproduce, publicize, broadcast, exhibit, distribute and otherwise use in any fashion the winner’s name, photograph, voice or likeness, for advertising and publicity purposes without any additional compensation. The Release must be signed and returned within the five (5) day notification period referred to above, failing which the entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited, without further recourse.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Tillyard Management Inc. assumes no liability for any lost, late, illegible, falsified, misdirected or incomplete entry, notification, reply or Release or the unauthorized use of or access to same, or for any technical malfunction, loss or delay in data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, damage or failure of any computer, equipment, software, website, e-mail, server, online system, network, lines or browser related to or resulting from participation in the Contest. Tillyard Management Inc. assumes no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, cost, injury or claim howsoever caused. Equally, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram are in no way liable for any aspect of this Contest. By participating, contest entrants release Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram from any responsibility for the Contest. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram have in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered the Contest. They are in no way associated with Tillyard Management Inc. and hold no responsibility toward the Contest participants.
- INDEMNITY. By participating in this Contest, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and prize suppliers and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and licensees and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buyers and promotional agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, suits, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, liabilities or losses of any kind (including but not limited to lawyers’ fees) arising out of or relating to your participation in the Contest; your receipt or use of any prize; your violation of any term of these Contest rules; or your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- PRIVACY. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree (i) to grant to Tillyard Management Inc. the right to use their name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest and (ii) that Tillyard Management Inc. may use the Personal Information for the purpose of promoting any other contests, draws, opportunities or events and to notify entrants of any service or product offered by Tillyard Management Inc.
- BANNING. The Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, prohibit any person from entering the Contest whom it believes to be abusing the rules. Such abuse includes entering false information and entering more times than permitted under these Contest rules.
- TERMINATION. Tillyard Management Inc. reserves the right to terminate, cancel or suspend the Contest at any time, in its sole discretion.
- PROHIBITIONS. Tillyard Management Inc. reserves the right to prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a Prize if, in the sole discretion of Tillyard Management Inc., it determines that the entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any other entrants or Tillyard Management Inc.. Tillyard Management Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant failing to comply with these Contest Rules and Regulations or cooperate in any investigation or inquiry concerning such compliance. Tillyard Management Inc. reserves the unfettered right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any entries that it suspects were generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means, or otherwise violate the Contest Rules and Regulations.
- OTHER. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in the applicable Entry Period. This Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein and is void where prohibited by law. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest or the Contest rules at any time without notice. All prizes must be accepted as awarded, are non-transferable and are not convertible to cash. The Sponsor and the prize suppliers reserve the right to substitute any prize or any portion of a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All prizes are awarded as-is and no warranties or guarantees are implied or expressed. Neither Sponsor nor prize suppliers shall be liable for any lost, late, misdirected, damaged or stolen entries or inability to process entries, or any errors, injury, damage or negligence that may arise in connection with this Contest, including technical issues or failures on any website, app or software, viruses, website disruptions, malfunctions or website down-time, human error, personal injury or property damage incurred by any Contest entrant. Neither Sponsor nor prize suppliers are responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.